​​Child Support and Maintenance

Child Support and Maintenance payments cannot be paid online. You may either send a check or money order to the Clerk of the Circuit Court, 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174 or you may make payments in our office of the same address. Credit cards are also accepted but a 2.75% convenience fee (minimum​ $1.00 fee) applies to all credit card payments. (The convenience fee is charged by the credit card service provider and not the Courts or the Circuit Clerk and is subject to change.) You may pay by cash by coming to our office.

Payments for any cases that involve Healthcare and Family Services must go thru the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) at PO Box 5400, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5400.

Any time child support is ordered, whether through the Clerk's office or not, a Support Order form must be used and filled out completely. The Circuit Clerk's office does not serve employers with the Notice of Withholding. Orders to Show Cause entered on a child support case will be certified at no cost. Recipients may sign up for the Child Support Enforcement Program through Health Care and Family Services Title IV-D. After signing up for services, the Kane County State's Attorney is responsible for the enforcement of child support. the Circuit Clerk is responsible for record keeping on the case. If income withholding is ordered on a case, payments must be sent by the Employer to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). The Circuit Clerk's Office may not process these payments. Any disputes on support balances must be put in writing on the Kane County Child Support Case Dispute form. One audit per year may be done if there have been changes to the terms of support that would affect the balances. Annual fees mus​t be current before an audit will be conducted.